You're currently on:
This is a manually operated mixer valve combined in one integral unit with a powerful pump for high performance showering.
Galaxy's new curvaceous designs are amongst the quietest mains voltage all-in-one power showers on the market today. Offering outstanding flow rates, temperature safeguards and creating an invigorating refreshing shower.
Suitable for all gravity fed water systems. Uses cold water from the storage tank and stored hot water form the cylinder. For those with a low head of pressure a Galaxy power shower will transform a frustrating drizzle into a better and more forceful showering experience.
- Available in white and chrome finish
- Large easy-grip temperature control knob, incorporating start/stop operation
- Independant flow control
- Produces flow rates from 5 to 14 litres per minute for an invigorating shower
- Teemperature limiter with discreet override button facility
- Automatic temperature protection ensures that the pump switches off if the temperature exceeds pre-set limits, resetting only when normal temperature is reached
- No need for high amperage cable
- Multi spray mode handset provides 6 different spray options
- Handset height adjustment 530mm (22")
- Detachable soap dish for easy cleaning
- 1.25m (4ft) flexible hose
- Hot water temperature - Maximum temperature 65C
- BS 6700 recommends that the temperature of stored water should never exceed 65C
- A stored hot water temperature of 60C is considered sufficient to meet all normal requirements and will minimise the effects of scale in hard water areas.
- Maximum static inlet pressures 1bar or 10m (supplies must be gravity fed at nominally equal pressures)
- Minimum static inlet pressure 0.0075bar or 75mm (required to prime the integral centrifugal pump)
- The installation must be in accordance with Water Regulations/Byelaws and BS 6700. For correct operation of this shower unit , both hot and cold water supplies to the shower must be gravity fed, at nominally equal pressures, from a cold water storage tank and a hot water storage cylinder. The water circuit should be installed so that the flow is not significantly affected by other taps and appliances being operated elsewhere on the premises.
- For the operation of the shower only, it is recommended that the cold water storage tank is capable of holding at least 114 litres (25 gallons). Where other hot and cold outlets are likely to be in use simultaneously, the storage capacity should be increased to 228 litres (50 gallons) in accordance with BS 6700. Do ensure compliance with the Water Regulations/Byelaws.
- Do not connect to a combination cylinder unless there is a guaranteed 114 litre cold supply to the cylinder as the shower can deliver up to 14 litres per minute. It is advisable to check that the infill rate from the float operated valve meets the output requirements. It is recommended that there is a minimum of approximately 114 litres (25 gallons) of hot water storage per appliance.
- The shower must not be connected to the mains cold water supply or combination boiler.
- The installation must comply with BS 7671 'Requirements for electrical installations' (IEE wiring regulations). Make sure the incoming hot and cold water supplies to the shower are adequately earth bonded.
- The mains supply must be 230/240V, at 50Hz, connected to the unit via a double pole switched 3 Amp fused connection unit (not supplied) with a minimum 3mm contact seperation gap in each pole.
- The supply cable must conform to relevant tables in current IEE regulations. In most cases 1mm twin and earth will be adequate.
- In accordance with 'The Plugs and Sockets etc. (Safety) Regulations 1994', this unit is intended to be permanently connected to the fixed electrical wiring of the mains system.
- It is strongly recommended to fit a 30mA residual current device (RCD). This should be installed in all UK 230V electric and pumped shower circuits. This may be part of the consumer unit or a seperate unit.
- Important: All plumbing connections must be completed before making the electrical connections.
- Under no circumstances must this product be connected to mains cold or hot water supplies.
- (Manual only) The power shower does not contain a thermostatic valve - it will not shut off in the event of failure of either hot or cold water supplies.